We Can Simplify the Custody Modification Process

Make an appointment with a lawyer in Yakima, WA today

All children need love, support and stable home lives. If a child isn't getting the support they need from their parents, they should get it from a guardian who has their best interests in mind.

Varela Legal, PLLC assists with non-parental custody matters in Yakima, Washington. We help grandparents and other third parties obtain temporary guardianship rights. Get in touch with us today to speak with a lawyer about filing for non-parental custody.

How does non-parental custody work?

In the state of Washington, grandparents have no legal rights. If you're not the child's biological parent, filing for custody is a complicated legal process. Non-parental custody arrangements are temporary, but they can provide children with the stability they need.

Call Varela Legal to discuss your situation. We can answer your questions about non-parental custody and child custody modification. If you're filing for a custody modification through the Department of Children, Youth, and Families, you can rely on us for help with the paperwork. Make an appointment today.